- 300 g canned chick pea
- 60 ml tahini
- 60 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp aquafaba or water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Alexandra’s Pikliz
- In food processor, add in well-stirred tahini and lemon juice and process for 90 seconds. Pause every 30 seconds and scrap down the side before continuing.
- Add garlic, oil, cumin, pepper, paprika, and salt and continue to process for another 90 seconds. Pause every 30 seconds and scrap down the side before continuing again.
- Drain the chickpea water (aquafaba), reserve on the side, as you will need it later.
- Rinse chickpea and add into the food process. Continue to process until it reaches a consistency that you like - remember to pause and scrap after 30 seconds. Here I have processed it for 2 min, smooth but with a slight texture.
- Add in Alexandra’s Pikliz and lightly pulse several time.
- Serve with some extra olive oil, pepper flakes and more Alexandra’s Pikliz ! Goes great with pitas, veggies or as it is!
Picture and Recipe credit: Smileey.Lucy