- 8 ounces whole wheat macaroni pasta (elbow shaped)
- 8 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cup milk
- 4 tbsp Alexandra’s Pikliz
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil macaroni pasta according to packaging instructions, drains and put in an oven-safe baking bowl.
- In the same pan, melt butter on medium heat.
- Turn heat to low, and sprinkle over flour while whisking until the mixture is homogenous and has a ‘wet-sand’ or paste-like texture.
- Gradually add in milk and continue to whisk until it comes to a light simmer
- Mix in grated cheese and Alexandra’s Pikliz while continuing to stir.
- Pour 80% of the cheese sauce mixture onto the macaroni, and mix.
- Pour the remaining on top, sprinkle with breadcrumbs
- Broil on low heat for 3-4 min or until the top is golden brown.
- For an extra Halloween twist, add some biscuits or nachos for a graveyard effect!
Picture and Recipe credit: Smileey.Lucy