- 1 lb peeled shrimps
- 1 onion
- 1 whole garlic
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- 1 tomato
- half cucumber
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of Pikliz
- Clean and dry the shrimps. Make sure they rest to room temperature.
- Chop half of the onion, and peel the garlic
- In a bowl, add 2 cups of water, add the chopped onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Heat until boil. Turn the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While simmering the water, fine dice the other half of the onion and then rinse with cold water.
- Fine dice the cucumber and the tomatoes
- In another bowl, add the seafood stock and the ketchup. Add half of the tomato. Cook until boil, then turn off the heat, and set aside. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fine chop the parsley, and mix it in a salad bowl with the cucumber, the other half of the tomato, the rinsed onion, the lime juice and the Pikliz.
- Bring the water back to boil with high heat. Add the shrimp to the water. After 10 seconds, turn off the heat. Let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Mix the sauce and the shrimp to the salad bowl.
- Cool it in the fridge before serving.
Picture and Recipe credit: Smileey.Lucy