- 1 lb Monkfish filet (for 2 people)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 small celery cabbage (whole)
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of Alexandra’s Pikliz
- Clean and dry the fish. Season with salt and pepper. Rest to room temperature. Coat with sufficient cooking oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Heat the pan (ovenproof) to medium-high heat. Sear the fish for 3 minutes. Flip the fish. Add half of the butter. Sear another 2 minutes.
- Put the pan with the fish into the oven for 10 minutes.
- While in the oven. Dice the garlic.
- Heat a saucepan. Add the butter.
- When the butter melts, add the garlic. When the aroma rises, turn off the heat.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the saucepan, and mix with Alexandra’s Pikliz. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
Picture and Recipe credit: Smileey.Lucy