- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 2 English Muffin
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 ounces of smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp Alexandra’s Pikliz
- 2 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Alexandra’s Pikliz
- In a large bowl, place water and ice to create an ice water bath
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil and add vinegar
- Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and crack the egg in the center, create a swirl in water continuously and poach the egg for 2 min
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop out the egg and put it in an ice water bath. Repeat for all the eggs.
- Make the hollandaise sauce by first whisking together the water and the egg yolks
- Melt butter in a pan, and carefully transfer the hot butter into the egg yolk mixture while mixing continuously.
- Transfer the mixture back onto the heated pan and continue to mix until a smooth, hollandaise sauce is formed. Do not on the stove directly, you can hold the pan slightly above the stove top if the pan has cooled and want some additional heat.
- Add Alexandra’s Pikliz into the hollandaise sauce and mix well.
- Cut the English muffin in half, and toast until crisp.
- Mix cream cheese and Alexandra’s Pikliz and spread onto English muffins.
- Layer the smoked salmon and poached egg
- Pour over hollandaise sauce
- Top with more Alexandra’s Pikliz!
Picture and Recipe credit: Smileey.Lucy