- 1 can cooked black beans
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 150 g cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp five-spice powder
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp Alexandra’s Pikliz
- In a baking tray, bake cooked black beans until slight crack occurs on the surface (around 15 min at 350F, depending on your batch of beans)
- Mince garlic and dice shallots
- In a food processor, add in all ingredients and pulse until a thick dough forms. You can add small dashes of water if the mixture is too dry or some additional shredded vegan cheese. You should be able to form a ball within your hand.
- Use a spoon and gently form meatballs in your hand, put it on a parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 15 min to let it firm.
- In a hot skillet with oil, sear meatball on all sides until slight browning, transfer to the oven and bake at 350F for another 15 - 20 min, until the edges turn golden brown.
- Serve with some additional Alexandra’s Pikliz!