- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 jar Alexandra’s Hot Honey Pikliz
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 kg fully cooked ham
- Using a sharp knife, clean and score ham’s surface into diamond pattern, about 1 inch in width
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 325F for 20 min with foil covering.
- While the ham is baking, melt butter in a pot.
- Smash garlic lightly and put into the pot.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and bring to a light simmer.
- Continue to simmer until it reduces to a consistency of honey in room temperature. Reserve on side.
- Brush the ham with the glaze and continue to bake un-covered for another 15 min.
- Repeat the process until the crust turns to a golden-brown color. For a 1.5 kg ham, I have done this twice.
- Pour the remaining glaze onto the ham before serving!
- For some extra flavor, I put together 3 condiments that all taste incredible with the ham: Alexandra’s Hot Honey Pikliz, Alexandra’s Pikliz Spicy Pepper Relish, and half-half combining the two!
Picture and Recipe credit: Smileey.Lucy